Chapelle du Maz
There are still a dozen chapels in Megève out of twenty that date back to before the Revolution. Dedicated to Saint Bartholomew and Saint Clair, the Maz Chapel was built in 1614 and rebuilt in 1772.
Most of Megève's chapels were erected during the XVII century, on the initiative of the clergy fighting the Reformation, incited by the need to establish a place of worship in each hamlet, and affirm the identity of each.
"Les Chapelles et Oratoires" is available free of charge in Megève Tourisme.
Toute l'année, tous les jours.