Musée de l'Ermitage du Calvaire
Located at the Ermitage, this museum was inaugurated in 2013. It explains the history of Megève's Calvary. A room is dedicated to the renovation work which took place between 2001 and 2011, with among others, multimedia desk for a virtual visit of the chapels.
Built between 1840 and 1878, the Calvary is the work of father Ambroise Martin (1791-1863), parish priest of Megève from 1820 to his death. Formed of 14 chapels and oratories telling the Passion of Christ, the Calvary site of Megève is a listed historical monument on the additional inventory since 1988. It is also registered on the European list of sacred Mounts. Between 2001 and 2011, huge restoration works gave back its original aspect to the site.
Du 05/07 au 30/08/2021 de 14h à 17h30.
Fermé samedi et dimanche.