Historic site and monument

Chapelle du Maz

There are still a dozen chapels in Megève out of twenty that date back to before the Revolution.
Dedicated to Saint Bartholomew and Saint Clair, the Maz Chapel was built in 1614 and rebuilt in 1772.

Add to journal

Most of Megève's chapels were erected during the XVII century, on the initiative of the clergy fighting the Reformation, incited by the need to establish a place of worship in each hamlet, and affirm the identity of each.

Opening periods

All year round, daily.