Museum

Musée de l'Ermitage du Calvaire

Located at the Ermitage, this museum was inaugurated in 2013. It explains the history of Megève's Calvary. A room is dedicated to the renovation work which took place between 2001 and 2011, with among others, multimedia desk for a virtual visit of the chapels.

Add to journal

Built between 1840 and 1878, the Calvary is the work of father Ambroise Martin (1791-1863), parish priest of Megève from 1820 to his death. Formed of 14 chapels and oratories telling the Passion of Christ, the Calvary site of Megève is a listed historical monument on the additional inventory since 1988. It is also registered on the European list of sacred Mounts. Between 2001 and 2011, huge restoration works gave back its original aspect to the site. This summer the museum presents an exhibition of the French photographer Gaston Karquel, who made a photo report in Megève during the summer season 1948, in particular a religious pilgrimage at the Calvary.

Prices

Free entry.

Opening periods

From 01/07 to 30/08/2019 between 2 pm and 5.30 pm.
Closed Saturday and Sunday.
Open exceptionally on 13/07 and 17/08.

Services

  • Unguided group tours
  • Guided group tours
  • Wi-fi
  • Unguided individual tours

Assembly rooms

Name Surface area (m²) Max capacity
Salle Musée du Calvaire et de l'Ermitage 75 19 19 19 19 19
Salle Musée du Calvaire et de l'Ermitage 75 19 19 19 19 19
  • Max capacity : 19
  • Number of assembly room : 3

Documents